If I adopt better posture, can I prevent or relieve thoracic outlet syndrome symptoms?

Dr. Allen Fein
In brief: Shoulder Posture yes
Thoracic outlet syndrome is helped by paying attention to your shoulder posture and how your arms hang.
The advice i give to patients is to avoid letting your arms just hang down by gravity while sitting watching tv, or while driving extended periods. Rather, support your flexed elbows up on cushions, to relieve the pressure on the delicate nerves coming out through the shoulder. Also get pt!

In brief: Shoulder Posture yes
Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Absolutely
I agree with dr. Fein's suggestions and also add for you to consider working with an osteopathic physician who does omt (manipulation) (aao or cranial academy for online listings) as well as with therapies like yoga (great for posture!), feldenkrais, alexander, bowen, pilates and other body-centered therapies to keep you healthy for a long time to come.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Websites
Aao = american academy of osteopathy academyofosteopathy.
Org also try biodo.Com and cranialacademy.Com.

In brief: Websites
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Vicken Poochikian