Will I get diabetes if my immigrant dad died of complications of diabetic foot surgery?

Perhaps. You are certainly at increased risk with diabetes in the family, but you might not get it - especially if you keep your weight down and exercise regularly.
Well. You may have the genes that increases your risk for diabetes but it doesn't necessarily mean you will get it b/c your father died from foot surgery. Diet and exercise is the key.
Good habits. . Start good habits now, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. A predisposition for diabetes can run in families, so if you know you're at risk, you've got a great head start: adjust your eating habits and exercise more now to avoid diabetes and complications!
Genes and environmen. It depends on the genes you are carrying, strong family history and environmental factors - diet exercise.