How successful is physical therapy in the treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome?

First line therapy. Physical therapy is the first line of therapy for true thoracic outlet syndrome, and it is often very successful. If other conditions have been ruled out, such as carp al tunnel syndrome, and physical therapy has not effect, then a surgery such as first rib resection or resection of an extra cervical rib can be performed.
50% It depends on how long symptoms have been present. If less than a few months, the success rate is at least 50%. If symptoms have been present over 2 years, the success rate is less than 50%.