When can I start taking my birth control pills after delivery? I have some left over.

Dr. Jennifer Mushtaler
In brief: 6 weeks
You should discuss with your ob/gyn at your postpartum appt.
There are pros and cons on when and what birth control to use postpartum. Also, be sure to ask when it is safe to resume intercourse as this may vary depending on the type of delivery.

In brief: 6 weeks
Dr. Jennifer Mushtaler
Dr. Jennifer Mushtaler
Dr. Charlotte Magnussen
In brief: Variable times
You can start taking them early after delivery but since you should not be having sex til six weeks post partum it is best to wait til the sunday of the week your first period starts.
If need be the pill can be started earlier but remember if you are breast feeding you want to wait til your milk supply is well established before starting the pill or it may reduce the amount of milk you produce.

In brief: Variable times
Dr. Charlotte Magnussen
Dr. Charlotte Magnussen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham