What to do for my swollen wrist from chronic carpal tunnel?

Cause vs Effect. I would not expect carpal tunnel syndrome itself to cause a visibly swollen wrist. Rather, i suspect you may have wrist swelling due to some other cause (trauma, arthritis, fluid retention, etc) that is predisposing you to compress the median nerve and cause carpal tunnel. Consult your primary doctor to find the underlying cause, and the swelling and pain might both be improved!
See your doc. I never recommend anyone live with chronic carpal tunnel syndrome unless there are some other circumstances. There may be something else going on with the wrist swelling which when treated may improve you carpal tunnel.
Seek help. If you are experiencing swelling you could eventually sustain long term complications including atrophy of hand muscles. Seek professional consultation for evaluation and treatment options.