What to do for my swollen wrist from chronic carpal tunnel?

Dr. Julian Bragg
Neurology

In brief: Cause vs Effect

I would not expect carpal tunnel syndrome itself to cause a visibly swollen wrist.
Rather, i suspect you may have wrist swelling due to some other cause (trauma, arthritis, fluid retention, etc) that is predisposing you to compress the median nerve and cause carpal tunnel. Consult your primary doctor to find the underlying cause, and the swelling and pain might both be improved!

In brief: Cause vs Effect

Dr. Julian Bragg
Dr. Julian Bragg
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: See your doc

I never recommend anyone live with chronic carpal tunnel syndrome unless there are some other circumstances.
There may be something else going on with the wrist swelling which when treated may improve you carpal tunnel.

In brief: See your doc

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Seek help

If you are experiencing swelling you could eventually sustain long term complications including atrophy of hand muscles.
Seek professional consultation for evaluation and treatment options.

In brief: Seek help

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik