My osteopath clicked a misaligned sacrum back into place , how could this happen? Be prevented was suspected fibromyalgia misdiagnosed by physio?

Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: Are you better?

There are many names and causes for low back pain.
I am most interested if you feel better.I am a D.O. And often use the method your D.O. (osteopath) used to treat your problem and hope it helped.You can certainly have fibromyalgia and a sacral "somatic dysfunction" or a missed aligned back/sacrum.Hope your feel better after the treatment.

In brief: Are you better?

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
I encourage you to do so.Many of us have complex problems that are not fixed with a single treatment.
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: (S)he didn't

I am EXTREMELY skeptical that your sacrum was misaligned or that your osteopath "clicked" it back into place.
How could this happen? It didn't. The sacrum is fused to the rest of the pelvis. You can't "misalign" it without "misaligning" the entire pelvis. That's why the answers given by DOs are so vague & evasive. You were the victim of plain old quackery.

In brief: (S)he didn't

Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Tendons/ligaments

The sacrum is the fusion of five sacral vertebrae and is found between the lumbar vertebrae and coccyx.
I would assume ligaments, tendons, or other muscles for example could get malaligned by trauma such as bending and lifting. I do not fibromyalgia would cause this. That does not mean the diagnosis is wrong and you may be dealing with 2 seperate issues. Be careful lifting, carrying things, etc.

In brief: Tendons/ligaments

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Fibromyalgia certainly is a condition that affects both sides of the body but one side certainly can be affected more so at one time or another. The problem certainly sounds muscular or joint related particularly the neck. Have you had xrays of the neck or shoulder?