Things I should know about having a vasectomy? Who best to do it in my area?

Look for a urologist. Vasectomy is most commonly done by a urologist these days, but some family docs, general surgeons do them as well. It is a rather routine and simple procedure often done in-office with just local anesthesia. Some bleeding/brusing/swelling is common after, but can be minimized with proper icing/activities etc... Consult your doc..If he/she does not do, u will be referred.. Good luck..
Ask around. Ask your doctor and your friends. You want someone who does a lot, typically a urologist. For more: http://peedoc.Com/vasectomies-reversals or @thepeedoc on twitter.