What kind of weight lifting should I do at the gym to lose weight and make my arms and legs smaller?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: High reps, low wt

You will want to increase endurance type muscle.
Use enough weight to do 3 sets of 15-20 reps. Also try to reduce your calorie intake to under 2000/day.

In brief: High reps, low wt

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
2 comments
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
if you do the machines so you do 12 repetitions at a weight that is not to heavy or light, and move from one machine to the other (with no rest, o time to rest) you'll do a good work out: will get your endurance (strenght), and cardio (your hear rate will go up). It could take 10-15 min. don't forget to warm up, then strech, and then do above work up in that order.
Dr. Jennifer Mushtaler
Weight loss is simple math but much more difficult reality. Burn more calories than you consume. I do not advise dropping below 1500 calories per day. Also, consider that very few people get fat eating too many apples or portions of steamed broccoli :)
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine