I've mitral valve prolapse without mitral regurgitation, and had panic disord and now I am anxious. I'm noticing extrasystole (fail of one bit)wat2do?

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Anxious

Mitral valve prolapse is often associated with anxiety.
First try the natural and self-directed ways to relieve anxiety-- (1) exercise; a brisk walk whenever you can; (2) progressive muscle relaxation exercises (you can find these on the internet); they work; (3) meditation, or even just sitting still in silence for 10-20 minutes at a time on a regular basis. Otherwise, you can see an md for med.

In brief: Anxious

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Joseph Rosin

In brief: Discuss symptom Rx

I assume you have had a though work-up.
If all else is benign, there is little to fear. The symptoms maybe from anxiety rather than the prolapse. Sometimes careful use of a beta-blocker can relieve symptoms related to anxiety, including the palpitations. See your doctor to discuss.

In brief: Discuss symptom Rx

I assume you have had a though work-up.
Dr. Joseph Rosin
Dr. Joseph Rosin
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology