What are the stages of cervical pre-cancer? My mom just diagnosed with stage 5 of 6 but is still pre-cancerous. She might have to have a hysterectomy

Pap smears. The two common classifications of precancerous lesions of the cervix are the bethesda system, which classifies lesions as low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (lsil), or high-grade (hsil). Of these the hsil is the important one. The other system is the cin system with cin 1 (mild dysplasia), cin 2 (moderate), cin 3 (severe dysplasia) and ultimately cis (carcinoma in situ).
Need more info. Cervical changes in the cervix that can lead to cervical cancer are due to the human papaillomavirus. When a woman has biopsy confirmed cin 1, this merely means that she has an infection with hpv. Most of the tiem those cells changes will resolve on their own. Cin 2 indicates that the cells have changed further. Cin 3 or cis is true precancer of the cervix and those cells should be removed.