Im from ireland. My mom has been diagnosed with stage 5 cervical cancer, she was told there is 6 stages and she is still pre-cancerous is this true?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Cervical cancer
There are only 4 stages for cervical cancer (i-iv).
You cannot be precancerous if you are diagnosed with cancer. I adviced your mother sees an oncologist. The national cancer center network has strict diagnosis & treatment criteria/protocols for all cancers, the expert attention of oncologists is essential. That way they can recomment the best treatment option for your loved one.

In brief: Cervical cancer
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Confusion
There are 4 stages of invasive cervical cancer, and a precancerous stage called cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (or cin) which is graded 1, 2 or 3.
I am not sure how your mom has stage 5 cervical cancer that is still pre-cancerous. Please discuss this with her and her cancer specialist to clear up the confusion. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cervicalcancer/detailedguide/cervical-cancer-staged.

In brief: Confusion
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Jane Van Dis