Does plaquinile treat osteoarthritis?

No. I have had rare success in using Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) in aggressive inflammatory osteoarthritis where the joints have a significant amount of reddness, sweliing, and warmth, but the overall answer has to still be no.
Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) Is use for malaria prevention/treatment, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis. You need to talk to your doctor so you can get more specific diagnosis and he or she can clarify the reasons to use plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine). Should have eye exam initially, the every 3 month if prolongued treatment. Also check cbc. Good medication if given for proper diagnosis and doctor/patient doing proper monitoring.