Does plaquinile treat osteoarthritis?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: No
I have had rare success in using Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) in aggressive inflammatory osteoarthritis where the joints have a significant amount of reddness, sweliing, and warmth, but the overall answer has to still be no.

In brief: No
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Actually Plaquenil is an excellent treatment for inflammatory osteoarthritis of the hands.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine)
Is use for malaria prevention/treatment, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis.
You need to talk to your doctor so you can get more specific diagnosis and he or she can clarify the reasons to use plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine). Should have eye exam initially, the every 3 month if prolongued treatment. Also check cbc. Good medication if given for proper diagnosis and doctor/patient doing proper monitoring.

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Peter Kurzweil