My infant is sweating during feeding, can this be a sign of pulmonary hypertension?

Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Possibly

It could also be from a respiratory problem, heart problem, or in fact (and hopefully) nothing at all. I strongly recommend you take your child to see the pediatrician as soon as reasonably possible (not an emergency, but during day hours).

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Lokesh Guglani
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Yes and No

Sweating during feeding can be due to a number of factors and causes (infections, neuromuscular weakness, swallowing dysfunction, heart or lung disease).
It becomes especially prominent if there is underlying congenital heart disease or early lung disease or pulmonary hypertension. Please consult your child's doctor immediately to determine the cause & to provide appropriate treatment.

In brief: Yes and No

Dr. Lokesh Guglani
Dr. Lokesh Guglani
Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Unlikely

Unless your child was born prematurely and had pulmonary hypertension diagnosed at that time or had a heart defect at birth.
..The diagnosis of pH is extremely rare in infants outside of these above conditions/situations.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Dr. Peter Kurzweil