Is there meds my doct can prescribe to help weight loss ? Doct talked about topamax (topiramate) for abdominal pain and one of the side effects was weightloss help

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Weight loss
Is a process. Your pcp may have an interest in weight loss mangement (some don't), there are weight loss clinic run by mds (other are not by md).
I have my way of managing weight loss with meds, life style modification, and other modalities. However, there meds I do not prescribe (others doctors do). It depend on md training and experience. Life style modification is the most important factor.

In brief: Weight loss
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Yash Khanna
If you are prescribed Topamax for migraine or some other indication,and are able to tolerate,the there is 40% chance you will loose some weight.But Topamax has lot of unpleasant side effects and should not be taken for weight loss alone.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology