A pinched nerve at which disc level would cause numbness/loss of sensation over the top of the toes?

In brief: Numbness

The numbness you are talking about is caused by compression to the disc at level l4, l5, s1.
I would recommend you see a physician for a work up and MRI to confirm your diagnosis. There are other diseases that can mimic degenerative disc disease.

In brief: Numbness

Dr. Robert Rosenstein
Dr. Robert Rosenstein
Dr. William Newton
Pain Management

In brief: L5/S1

There is cross over of the nerve levels in the toes.
The foot in general gets sensation mostly from the L5 and s1 nerve roots. Is it in both feet? Most nerve root problems are one sided, especially at your age. Discuss with your doc.

In brief: L5/S1

Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton