I am scheduled to have two dental fillings in a few weeks, at that point I will be 12 weeks pregnant is this ok? Or should I wait until after delivery

In brief: You'll be fine
No reason to let infected teeth get worse for 28 more weeks, then worry during breastfeeding! go ahead and get them fixed.
Anesthetic and treatment risks are way less than those of infected teeth!

In brief: You'll be fine
Dr. Stephen Carstensen
Dr. Stephen Carstensen
Dr. Alan Atlas
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: Consult your doctors
Typically the second trimester is the safest time period to do dental treatment.
However, you must be given clearance by your physician or ob/gyn before proceeding to insure against any potential complications of pregnancy with the dental procedure.

In brief: Consult your doctors
Dr. Alan Atlas
Dr. Alan Atlas
Dr. Ron Eaker
In brief: It's okay
Most dental procedures are fine to have during pregnancy since the only medication used that could effect things is a local anesthetic.
There is minimal systemic absorption, therefore the impact on the baby is minimal. I would avoid any general anesthetic like "laughing gas" that are used in some dental procedures as well as any anti anxiety meds (valium/ xanex etc.).

In brief: It's okay
Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry
In brief: OB\GYN Consult
This is normally fine and nothing to worry about.
There might be more danger in waiting until after you deliver. There are certain precautions that should be followed. It is best to have your dentist consult with your obstetrician and together they will decide what is best for your particular circumstances.

In brief: OB\GYN Consult
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics
In brief: On the border
It is generally accepted that for non-elective procedures, the best time is the 2nd trimester. You will be beginning that period.
If the fillings are needed to prevent infection or possible complications before your delivery, then this is the best time. The object is that this trimester is primarily growth, whereas 1st and 3rd is development. If elective, wait until after.

In brief: On the border
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Adam Levy