I cut my hand on monday between my thumb and index finger with a kitchen knife. Today i woke up and by throat is really sore. Is it possible I have that I have tetnus or another infection as a result?

Dr. Armen Margaryan
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Tetanus

Tetanus does not present as a sore throat but if your wound looks infected you should definitely have it checked out by a dosctor.

In brief: Tetanus

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: See a doctor

If you have had the usual rounds of immunizations as a child and had tetanus toxoid in the past 10 years it would be remarkable to develop tetanus and it would be unlikely to present with a sore throat.
Why not go and get both the hand and throat looked at by a doctor. Get better soon.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Vicken Poochikian