58y woman with brain injury, history of CHF and aspiration pneumonia. High fever, "extensive double pneumonia". O2 sats dropping. Odds of survival?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Not great

A major infection often carries a poor prognosis in individuals who already have these major underlying medical issues.
No doctor can given you odds without knowing the patient. Speak with the doctors caring for her.

In brief: Not great

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery

In brief: Co-morbidities

There are several different organ systems that are at risk here.
I assume that the main issue is the brain injury. This is often the defining injury. The extent of this may ultimately determine the survival. If there are blood clots or increased brain pressure, this often makes the other issues with the lungs and fevers much worse. Talk with the critical care team that is involved.

In brief: Co-morbidities