My bf has raised veins on his entire left leg and left foot numbness, he is 30years old and has smoked for 20+ years. What could it be?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Tobacco and kids
I get concerned about parental influence when i hear about young kids getting ahold of cigarettes.
The body is not built to withstand abuse from smoking at any age, but effects on growing children are even more worrisome. Long-time smokers can develop many leg problems, including vein thrombosis (clot), neuropathy or "poor circulation". It is best to see a physician asap for diagnosis, treatment.

In brief: Tobacco and kids
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Varicose veins
It is possible that you are describing varicose veins.
They would typically hurt but they would not cause numbness. Numbness is worrisome and should be further evaluated. Please see a vascular surgeon.

In brief: Varicose veins
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Eric Weisman