I jog occasionally n one day after a workout my right shin began hurting a lot. Now if I run the pain comes back. It feels bruised but isnt. Ideas?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Shin splints

Tibial stress rxn stress fracture get it looked at once healed workout consistantly avoid peaks and valleys of activity choose swimming cycling elliptical instead of running.

In brief: Shin splints

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Pulled muscle

I'm not an orthopedist, but i suspect you pulled a muscle or tendon.
The obvious solution to pain while running is to substitute a different form of exercise for awhile. If the pain persists you should see your doctor or an orthopedist.

In brief: Pulled muscle

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine