I can't go to a hospital cuz i'm saving for next year's tuition. Do I have lung cancer? I have shortness of breath and have had a cough for 3 months.

Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Depends

Do you smoke? Have you seen your primary physician? Have you gone to a quik med for a chest x-ray? You are worried about tuition? Won't help if you are not around.
See somebody.

In brief: Depends

See somebody.
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Not very likely.

We never say 'never' in medicine, but it's unlikely that you would have lung cancer at your age.
Cough and shortness of breath could be asthma - or even signs of reflux(food sloshing up from the stomach into the esophagus). Sinus infection or bronchitis could cause these symptoms also. But breathing is non-negotiable. So go to a free clinic if there's one neaby! good luck. Lgromkomd.

In brief: Not very likely.

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology