Would a CT scan/mri/mra detect tumors or cancer?..I had all these done from a thunderclap orgasmic coital cephalgia, but I always feel dead tired

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Why do I feel tired?
Fatigue/tiredness is a very common problem.There are many causes of fatigue- from anemia, related to other chronic problems- i.
e. Diabetes, thyroid problems, lung problems, sleep apnea, cancers etc, - job related- , depression ; medication related-such as beta blocker;( a beta blocker- Propranolol is used to treat coital cephalgia- this could be the cause). See your doctor to have further evaluation.

In brief: Why do I feel tired?
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
by the way, yes, CT scan/MRI/MRA could detect a tumor. In the setting of severe headache like yours- they were done to your head to rule out intracranial bleeding, mass, stroke-and I assume they were all normal. Scan of the head only good for the head- can not tell about condition of other part of the body.
Dr. Eric Wang
Radiology
In brief: Generally yes
Mri/mra is highly sensitive for detection of brain tumors, but your condition is unlikely to be secondary to a tumor. Ct is a little less sensitive, but faster and cheaper..
.But it also uses radiation.

In brief: Generally yes
.But it also uses radiation.
Dr. Eric Wang
Dr. Eric Wang
Dr. Peter Kurzweil