My daughter is 17(yesterday) ? Symptoms of gad or a "manic" disorder? Can u please give me a list of each...Or bipolar? Is that the same?

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
In brief: GAD or Bipolar
The answer is not so simple as anxiety can be a symptom of early bipolar both mania and depression.
Family history of bipolar might suggest this is early symptoms. Don't jump to conclusions and seek professional help. First line treatment for anxiety might be an antidepressant, but if there is a family history of bipolar, this maybe risky. Don't hide this info from anyone evaluating.

In brief: GAD or Bipolar
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist who could evaluate the best course of treatment. With a family history of bipolar, use of a mood stabilizer such as lamictal or a benzo like klonopin might be safer than antidepressant (this is partly why warnings on antidepressants for people un 25. I had a bipolar pt whose son was very anxious and it was just his excessive caffeine use. Have an eval.
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: BPD vs GAD
Bipolar disorder and generalized anxiety disorder are completely different psychiatric conditions.
They, however, often may coexist or be "comorbid". The tricky part is that the treatment of choice for gad are ssris, which, in case if you also have bipolar disorder, may in fact make your bipolar disorder worse. I would strongly advise that you see a psychiatrist for your treatment recommendations.

In brief: BPD vs GAD
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Carlos Barrios
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Remember
anxiety is worry, tension, obsessions, or panic attacks.
Bipolar symptoms are grandiosity (believe self is at higher level of authority), racing thoughts, pressure of speech, decreased need for sleep, goal directed behavior that becomes reckless, and hypersexuality. Plus frequent mood swings that are extreme. If concern, make appointment w/doc to rule out medical cause or refer to psychiatrist.

In brief: Remember
Dr. Carlos Barrios
Dr. Carlos Barrios