Have not been physically active in a couple years what is the best way to start out slow I don't overdo myselfi'm only 22 but I'm 30 pounds overweight?

Walk. Walking is cheap, can be done at your own pace, and easy on the joints. I suggest you go for a 15-20 minute walk three times a week, and gradually increase the pace, and then frequency. Stay disciplined, go with a friend with similar goals, and you will be on your way. This is the best exercise for anyone recovering from spine surgery as well.
Start slow. Don't hit it too hard too fast. Start slow, maybe twenty minutes of light cardiovascular work to get your feet wet. As this becomes easier, lengthen your sessions and go harder. Start with twenty minute sessions of low intensity cardiovascular exercise and increase duration and intensity as this becomes easier.
Personal trainer. The best way to start out slow would be to find somebody to be one on one with.