How long does it take for wisdom teeth to come through?

Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dentistry

In brief: Start at age 18...

As a rule, the third molars (wisdom teeth) erupt between the ages of 18 and 25.
But, as in all things in medicine, the bell curve of averages includes those as young as 14 and, in my experience, those as old as their 40s. Some erupt completely; some only partially erupt (highly prone to infection: decay and gum disease); and some never erupt. Full eruption of a tooth can take a couple months.

In brief: Start at age 18...

Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Richard Scotti
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Depends

Wisdom teeth erupt between 16-25 yrs old provided there is enough room for them to come in.
If there is no room, then they get stuck- impacted. They can stay in tat position for years- the oldest person i saw with impacted wisdom teeth was over 75. Usually if they don't come in by 25, we recommend that they be removed since there is no space for them to erupt into the mouth.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Richard Scotti
Dr. Richard Scotti