My father died of complications with high blood pressure, will I get this disease too?

Very common issue. The frequency of high blood pressure is quite common in the population & by 50 about 50% will need to deal with the problem.Everyone should be aware that this can come on without any specific signs or symptoms.Regular checkups or simple screenings at a store kiosk may alert you to it's arrival.I would plan my life around expecting it by 50 & having access to the care needed to keep it under contro.
You can stay healthy. Patients with a family history are more likely to develop high blood pressure. The key is to keep tabs on your blood pressure and to get treatment early if needed to prevent complications. Lifestyle factors, like exercise and a low salt diet, are important in preventing or delaying onset of high blood pressure. Patients with a tendency toward higher bps are not condemned to have complications.