I am pregnant 4 months, I would like to know if at any point the baby sleeps and wakes up in the womb. Or are they unconscious all way long?

In brief: Variable activity
The 12-16 wk old baby goes thru random periods of movement & perception that what u might consider being awake.
Their nervous system sends out random messages that contract muscles- give you a kick & they have periods when they can hear & process music & sound.They may move enough to tie their umbilical cord in knots.You might consider this more a light sleep than awake, but they are aware @ times.

In brief: Variable activity
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Baby
Baby is alive and kicking.
He or she is listening, baby talk is alway good and healthy. Baby is not unconcious. Do your schedule prenatal visit with your gyn. They are in better position to explain the different phases during your pregancy.

In brief: Baby
Baby is alive and kicking.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Cindy Juster