My ankles and knee are swollen and brused. I didn't injure them. It hurts to walk. I also gave hard bumps on my shins. What could cause this ?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: ? erythema nodosum?
Can't be certain as there are many things that can be explianed by your symtpoms.
There is a condition called erythema nodosum that can occur for many reasons and is characterized by red knots on the shin. You need to see your physician to see if you have this or other conditons that could explain your symptoms. More than one thing can do this and you need an evaluation.

In brief: ? erythema nodosum?
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Harvey Kryger
In brief: Erythema nodosum
Possible autoimmune response or purpura due to clotting disorder.

In brief: Erythema nodosum
Dr. Harvey Kryger
Dr. Harvey Kryger
Dr. Eric Weisman