I rolled my ankle multiple times this weekend playing vball should I see a doctor or am I ok without? Also there is swelling and bruising with pain

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Playing volleball

When you play vollyball or any fast game and cause injury to your ankle.
Most of the time just putting ice on it and resting it as much as you can is sufficient and it heals with time, yes some time there can be bruising with swelling, and other times the ankle can be so swollen that you can hardly walk and have 1st, 2nd, or thied degree sprain.So nurse it if no better see your doctor.

In brief: Playing volleball

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Sprain

Ice for the ankle sprain 20 min per hour to reduce the swelling.
If pain is constant the xrays and physical therapy is a good avenue to pursue.

In brief: Sprain

Dr. Raymond Stolarski
Dr. Raymond Stolarski

In brief: See dr

Needs to be immobilized.

In brief: See dr

Needs to be immobilized.
Dr. Albert Larocca
Dr. Albert Larocca
Dr. Emma Bryan
Podiatry

In brief: Yes see a doctor

You need to see a physician as you may need an ankle support or an x-ray.
T.

In brief: Yes see a doctor

T.
Dr. Emma Bryan
Dr. Emma Bryan

In brief: X-rays needed

X-rays are needed to rule out lateral malleolus (ankle) fracture or possible 5th metatarsal base (foot) fracture.
Remember "rice" : rest, ice, compression, elevation for immediate treatment. Also physical therapy and proprioception exercises and muscle strengthening for lateral ankle sprains.

In brief: X-rays needed

Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Ankle pain

Yes you must see a md, orthopedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle surgery or sports medicine.

In brief: Ankle pain

Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi

If you have pain and bruising after an injury you should always consult a doctor to rule out fracture of bone or tear of a tendon or ligament.

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine