Would I be able to walk if I tore my Achilles tendon? & does numbness occur when that happens?

In brief: No
If you have a complete tear walking would be improbable and some numbness can occur from the swelling.

In brief: No
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Kenith Paresa
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Usually not
An achilles tear is usually not compatible with walking normally.
Depending on the mechanic cause of the tear, the achilles trauma can be associated with injuries to portions of the tibial nerve close by and cause disruption of these nerves (e.g. Calcaneal nerve) producing an area of numbness (in the example given, around the heel). Other nerve injuries can exist as well.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. Kenith Paresa
Dr. Kenith Paresa