My husband has high blood pressure, how should we change is diet?

DASH away. Check out the dash diet for the best one to be on to help hypertension. Choose a low calorie, low fat, potassium rich diet.
Oil change. Use oil that is friendly to gut - avoid vegetable oil it causes gut irritation instead use olive oil. Use supplements that will reverse irritation like phosphatidyl choline, monounsaturated fats and supplement daily reishi or shiitake mushroom, phytonutrients from watercress, spinach, greens, aloe.