I have high blood pressure, am I more likely to die of a stroke?

Yes. High blood pressure is a known risk factor for having a stroke. If you have high blood pressure take measures to keep it controlled: loose weight if needed, don't smoke, limit alcohol intake, exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take medications if prescribed. Also be sure to have regular evaluations to detect any other risk factors for stroke you might have.
Risk factor. Stroke is one of the risk you need to worry about. It is important to check the blood pressure at night. Stroke or heart attack happens early in the morning and if you take medications to stabilize BP at night it would be helpful. If your bottom number is high it means your artery is very rigid to relax take mushroom supplements which relax them. Top # is bad oils/oxidative stress - rx antioxidant.