I'm 26 w/ family history of breast cancer at a young age. I found a painful ropy mass/nipple discharge but my dr wants to wait on a us due to my age?

Very astute. Mass are a young age are less likely to be cancer but your family history is concerning. The character of your discharge would support one or another. For certain, it needs to be looked at by a professional, and would suggest a breast surgeon to see it. There are instances where watching it would be ok but a more extensive history and physical exam are needed to figure that out!
2nd opinion. Get another opinion. If you have any abnormality you need a mammogram and ultrasound. Do not wait. Early diagnosis can mean a cure. Also with your family history conside genrtic testing.