Why do my feet go numb when I work out on the elliptical for 15 minutes. I'm usually going about 3mph. Should I be worried?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Metatarsal syndrome?
Using elliptical machines forces the flexion/extension of the ankles many time during your exercise.
..I suspect you may have a problem with metatarsal syndrome (equivalent of wrist carpal tunnel). Since you did not say u have other problems/concern, i don't think this is serious. But i would check with your doc/podiatrist to have an evaluation to better diagnose your condition... Good luck.

In brief: Metatarsal syndrome?
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Charles Davant
In brief: More information
No way to answer without more information.
If you're older, have cholesterol problems and bad circulation it's probably lack of blood supply. If you are younger and it's only part of your foot it's probably a lumbar disc issue. If you are otherwise young and healthy and pain free, don't worry. If you're old go get things checked.

In brief: More information
Dr. Charles Davant
Dr. Charles Davant
Dr. Marc Hirsch
In brief: No.
Don't worry, but check it out with a doctor's help.
You need to know if you have obvious nerve problems to your feet or blood sugar issues. You need to know if the circulation is good to your legs. Then you can honestly not worry, without hoping it is nothing you could easily correct and save yourself grief later on.

In brief: No.
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Marc Hirsch