How likely am I to have pulmonary edema with my hearty failure?

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Possible

Depending on the severity of the heart failure, pulmonary edema of varying degrees is certainly possible.
The heart is a pump, and if ineffective, fluid builds up behind the pump which in the body is the lungs.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: Somewhat

Pulmonary edema results when the heart either does not pump enough blood forward (systolic failure) or relax to allow blood to fill the ventricle (diastolic failure).
Both can cause pulmonary edema but if you watch your weight and your salt intake you can minimize this risk.

In brief: Somewhat

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology