How do I know if I have fibromialgia?

Rheumatologist. ? how to know if fibromyalgia (FM) is causing symptoms. The best medical specialist to diagnose FM is a Rheumatologist. The diagnosis is one of exclusion of other medical disorders by means of physical examination, imaging studies, & laboratory analysis of body fluids. As for FM, there are no imaging studies or lab tests to confirm the diagnosis of FM, which is strictly a clinical diagnosis.
Go to Rheum. Fibromyalgia is characterised by chronic widespread pain and allodynia (a heightened and painful response to pressure). Its exact cause is unknown but is believed to involve psychological, genetic, neurobiological and environmental factors. There are specific criteria established by the american rheumatological society that are needed to help establish a true diagnosis of the disease.
FIbromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is characterized by muscle pain all over the body. Patients usually have tender/trigger points that are painful when touched. There is no test for it and is a clinical diagnosis.