What is the alcohol or drug addiction treatment process?

First Step. Admit you are powerless over alcohol and that your life has become unmanageable. Call local treatment center. Begin a new life.
Control. There is no "normal level" for either alcohol or street drugs in the body. The primary question to ask, in my opinion, is who is in control- the alcohol or you. If you are in control, you can take it or leave it, you can drink socially and know when enough is enough, if the bottle is in control, then the bottle must be satisfied and it knows no limits.