Why no alcohol after gastric bypass surgery?

Alcohol ; bypass. You can have alcohol after a bypass but in moderation. Keep in mind that sweet drinks can cause dumping syndrome. Also, your tolerance will be much less than before so be careful. Lastly, alcoholic drinks (like beer and wine) can contain a lot of calories and you can gain weight from drinking too much.
Calories, ulcers. Alcohol contains lots of calories and is not nutritional. After surgery, alcohol enters the bloodstream more quickly than before surgery. The intoxicating effects of alcohol occur sooner than before surgery and after smaller amounts are ingested. It is best to avoid drinking alcohol for at least six months after surgery, since it can be irritating to the stomach pouch and cause ulcers.