Should I be concerned that my baby has an ear infection?

In brief: No
It is expected that all infants will have an ear infection by their 2nd birthday and some have 5 or more in a year. Modern abx therapy and monitoring has almost eliminated the long term problems of conductive hearing loss common before antibiotics.
Some delay in speech development is common with those having the most infections, but catch up progress is the norm for that group.

In brief: No
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: No
Ear infections are common and many children have one or two in the first two years.
If they are becoming recurrent, than I am concerned and want more information. Often diet can be a factor, or starting daycare, or if you moved to a new location. Garlic and willow drops (or garlic and mullein or garlic and goldenseal) in the ear as drops can help alleviate pain.

In brief: No
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Shontae Buffington