I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, what is the likelihood that I will have heart failure?

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen

In brief: It depends

Why do you have cardiomyopathy? It can be from a diseased heart due to lack of oxygen (blocked arteries), it can happen as a side affects of some drugs, it can happen as the result of some type of infection even a cold type virus.
So why it happened, and how severe it is, will help to determine the likelyhood, or unlikelyhood of there being a progression to heart failure.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Mathew Chengot
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: High probability

This can be kept under controll with medicines and the current treatments that are available see your cardiologist and for further advises.

In brief: High probability

Dr. Mathew Chengot
Dr. Mathew Chengot