What can I take for depressive symptoms?

Dr. Neil Liebowitz

In brief: Depression

I answered this before.
There are many different treatments for depression. Mild symptoms can benefit from exercise, healthy lifesyle and psychotherapy. Moderate to severe depression which interfers with functioning requires a more thorough evaluation and combined treatement with medications and therapy. Looking for medical problems contributing is part of the eval.

In brief: Depression

I answered this before.
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz

In brief: Get evaluated

Most treatment for moderate to severe depression require treatment from a professional after an initial assessment to determine that the symptoms are not from any other medical causes.
For milder depression/sadness, increased physical exercises, positive thinking and interracting with peers who are positive thinkers and engage in uplifting activities will be helpful.

In brief: Get evaluated

Dr. Bernadette Onuoha
Dr. Bernadette Onuoha