I have a lot of stress. Sex helps relieve it so i hear. Is this true? If so how long do you have to have sex at one time to relieve a small amount?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: It depends

Sex can potentially help relieve stress but it may also cause stress (esp.
If you get pregnant or an infection). It may not be having sex as much as having an orgasm that relieves stress. Of course that can be done without a partner.If you have a partner the quality of the relationship is central to the degree to which it might relieve stress.There are many other ways to reduce stress-see comment:.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
I would no rely on sex as the main method to reduce stress. Avoid stressful situations if possible, meditate, exercise,eat well, get enough sleep, take time out for pleasure,seek support/counsel from friends, family& professionals. Do your best to live in the present moment. Herbs like ashwagandha & holy basil & supps. like Magnesium & B complex often help. Read books like Full Catastrophe Living.
Dr. Adam Smith