Ok turmeric and ala don't work - what are alternative OTC vitamin/herbs good for lupus to go with my medications :) ?

In brief: None, but...

There aren't any otc herbs, vitamins, or supplements that treat lupus, but that may be a good thing.
Once a person has lupus, she has an autoimmune disease. Her immune system is no longer working right. However, it would be quite frightening if companies were selling over-the-counter herbs, vitamins, or supplements that were strong enough to alter the function of people's immune systems.

In brief: None, but...

Dr. Tania Dempsey

In brief: Heal your gut

While supplements can be useful as an adjunct for the treatment of lupus, the most important thing to do is to go to the route of the problem. Lupus is an autoimmune disease, so the immune system needs to be addressed.
Since 75% of your immune cells originate in your gut (intestines), eliminating certain foods (i.e. Gluten), taking probiotics and working on gut flora, etc. Can help autoimmunity.

In brief: Heal your gut

Dr. Daniel Steffy

In brief: None

I am all for herbals and complementary medicines, but you must make certain that they do not compete with or adversely effect your prescription lupus medication.
Until you know for sure i would say none.

In brief: None

Dr. Adam Smith