I have herniated disc l5s1 with left leg sciatica and slight foot drop. My foot and ankle have gotten very itchy lately. Could this be related?

Foot Drop. Is concerning. If you haven't seen a spine specialist, I would do that soon. If the strength in foot is not improving you may need to see a surgeon before more extensive nerve damage occurs. Itching can suggest nerve healing though.
Yes. Your situation with a radiculopathy and foot drop requires treatment. I recommend surgical decompression with minimally invasive means immediately. You do not want permanent weakness and foot drop.