Had 3 embryos put in, only one fetal heart rate seen. What do I tell my child?

In brief: Age of child ???

Info presented to kids needs to fit their abilities to understand ideas.
In young kids-simple & short "planted 3 & only one is growing" will do. They often come back later with short ?S and again short answers work best. After 7-8 a basic explanation may be helpful. Teens often get caught up on specifics & may grasp the significance. Discussing this with your dr or the kids dr can help guide you.

In brief: Age of child ???

Dr. George Klauber
Agree with Dr. Ferguson. Same applies if you are wondering what to tell your IVF child once he/she is born. 1 in 3 is not bad. Child and you should regard this as a success. 3 were implanted to improve odds of having at least one child. No competent Dr. implants more than 3 embryos at a time any more. No more octomums in the future thank goodness..
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham