If I changed my exercise regime, would I be able to avoid heart failure?

Dr. John Breinholt
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Good idea

There are never guarantees but a good exercise routine that includes cardio is always a good idea.

In brief: Good idea

Dr. John Breinholt
Dr. John Breinholt
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: No

Heart failure happens because the muscle of the heart is too weak because it has a disease that affects the muscles, had heart attacks in the past, has some infiltration into the heart muscle or has been enlarging because hypertension or a virus, or valvular disease caused by streptococcus ( rheumatic fever) or damage to the valves from endocarditis or lupus etc.

In brief: No

( cardiomyopathy).
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology