If I change my diet, would I be able to avoid heart failure?

Emily Lu

Many studies have shown that individuals that consume fewer calories, more fruits and vegetables and less saturated fats tend to have lower risks for cardiovascular disease.
Low-salt diets have also been recommended for people at risk for heart failure. Exercise, quitting smoking and limiting alcohol intake also helps reduce cardiovascular risk.

Emily Lu
Emily Lu
Answer assisted by Emily Lu, Medical Student
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine

In brief: CoQ

Consider coq 10 supplementation in relatively higher doses.
Heart muscle depends heavily on mitochondria, and coq is very important in mitochondrial function. Eat coconut oil, and lots of organic vegetables.

In brief: CoQ

Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology