Do I need to wear underwear in hotel due to risk of bed bugs?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Up to you
But wearing underwear won't stop bed bugs from getting on you.
There is the rest of your body too. Just look for signs of bed bugs when you check in - small black specks between the mattress and boxspring, under the bed sheet, and at the head of the bed. Also, look for unclean bed linens. Just don't use a room or hotel that's unclean.

In brief: Up to you
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: I agree w Dr. Bansal
Check "traveladvisory.
Com" before you book a hotel. Here are some tell tale signs that your hotel room could be infested w bedbugs. First you may notice blood smears on bedding. Blood smears usually turn black over time. Second you may see amber colored “shells” which occurs when the bed bug sheds it's exoskeleton. A third sign of infestation is bug feces on sheets (brown- black dots). The four.

In brief: I agree w Dr. Bansal
Check "traveladvisory.
fourth sign can occur with a heavy infestation – an odor that is described as “musty sweet” due to the bug's secretions. Don't expect to “see” the eggs. They are is small crevices, translucent and about 1/16th of an inch in length. You normally don't see a bed bug (they are nocturnal). The adult is 1/4th inch long & flat. The bed bug hides in crevices during the day. At night it is attracted to the carbon dioxide that humans exhale as well the warmth emitted by our bodies. It comes out to feed on our blood. Underwear will not protect you from them.