Inadequate margins done, now recurring colon cancer - expectations / what to say?

Sorry you have a. Problem. Bowel margins are usually checked at frozen while you are asleep, if permanents are positive, this forecasts for anastamotic recurrence. Many would re-operate then, some would watch. Penetration into bowel wall and number of nodes predict for metastasis and need for adjuvant chemotherapy. Your doctors should be transparent and honest. 2nd opinion?
Unfortunate. Getting adequate margins at the first surgery is imperative. The surgeons first shot is the best shot. I don't know the location but i suspect inadequate margins were the result of attempting a low rectal hook-up or anastamosis. Re resection by a skilled surgery with chemo and radiation if not already received and if this is a rectal recurrence. A colostromy at first procedure, better than recurren.
Hard to say. I am sorry to hear about the recurrence of the cancer. However, it would be hard to say anything about your case, as more information needed. What kind of treatment did you get before after surgery? What was your stage before? Where is the recurrence now? Any spread of the cancer to distant organ like liver, lungs ? Those are at least the very minimal information needed to say more about your case.