So out of breath that when I open my mouth to say something, nothing comes out. Too much running or too fast?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possibly both

If you are that short of breath at rest, you should see a doctor, but i'm assuming that you are only breathless when running.
If that's the case, it could mean that you need to cut back on mileage or pace. Track your heart rate. If your heart rate is up from normal when you first wakeup, cut back on mileage. Use a heart strap while running, & keep your hr in an optimal zone to control your pace.

In brief: Possibly both

Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine

In brief: Talking

Most likely related to the inherent difficulty talking when running at a fast rate.

In brief: Talking

Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology